Massachusetts, Boston Mission -- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints -- August 2011 thru August 2013

Friday, August 24, 2012

August 22, 2012

Ryan was transferred to a new area this week.  He'll now be serving in the New London, CT area.  New London is a small city with a population of around 30,000.  Ryan wasn't sure how big his area will be and what other cities he'll cover.
This is what Ryan had to say in his last letter:

Hey there, how's it going? so.. yes, i got transferred!! I will now be serving in New London, Connecticut with Elder Jones. Elder Jones is Mexican and from Mexico. Weird last name to have for a Mexican I know haha, but he has only been in the USA for about a month and a half so he doesn't speak much English at all so hopefully I will be learning lots of Spanish quickly!!! It should be fun!! This will only be his second transfer out in the field so I'll finish training him!!!  Where I'm going I hear it is just a really small branch of about 30active members (including the kids), but hopefully we can change that!!  I don't know how many other Elders are in the area, but I know there is a trio of Sisters there close by.
Saying good bye to everyone in Bridgeport has been so hard!!  I do not like it!!!  I really love the members there!! They're so awesome!! I just felt like I was starting to get to know them really well and now I'm leaving!! So that was hard!!  I wouldn't have minded staying one more transfer, but I'm excited to go to something new too!!
August 10 - Happy Birthday Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment